Five months paid traineeships
We offer five-month traineeships to EU citizens and candidates from associated and candidate countries. In addition, we also grant traineeships by way of derogation to a limited number of nationals from other countries.
This type of traineeship is addressed to young people who have a university degree or have completed three years of study (at least six terms) at a university or an equivalent institute of higher education.
The EPP Group covers the cost of living in Brussels with a monthly allowance of €1.400.
Unpaid, short-term traineeships of a maximum length of 3 months (when the traineeship is compulsory in the framework of the university studies)
This type of traineeship is addressed to university students who have not yet completed at least six terms at university and when the traineeship is a compulsory part of their studies. This has to be justified by a letter provided by the university. The EPP Group can offer a limited number of this type of traineeship.
Moreover, the EPP Group has a compulsory, primary sickness and accident insurance for trainees. All trainees get to attend one plenary session of the European Parliament in Strasbourg.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from young people with disabilities.
For both paid and unpaid traineeships, you can apply as long as:
- You are a national of a Member State of the European Union or an associated or candidate country;
- You know two official EU languages well, one of which needs to be English, French or German. If you are from a non-EU country, you only need to know at least one of the EU working languages (at B2 level or above);
- You have not been granted a paid traineeship in any other EU Institution, and you have not already been in gainful employment since completing your studies;
- For the paid traineeship: you must have a university degree, have completed three years of study (at least six terms) at a university or an equivalent institute of higher education;
- For the unpaid traineeship: having not completed 6 terms of university studies, you must provide an attestation from the university stating that a traineeship is mandatory in the framework of your studies and its required length.
If you are interested in applying for a traineeship, just complete our online application form.
Important note: Please note that you will need to prepare some documents in advance, such as letters of recommendation and copies of diplomas as those will have to be attached to the application form.
For details, please consult the Calls for Interest for trainees below.
You can find further details about the EPP Group’s traineeships in the Rules.