Party: Hrvatska demokratska zajednica
Željana Zovko is an expert in international relations with rich experience in foreign affairs and diplomacy. She has a BA (Hons) French degree from the University of North London. Željana Zovko started her political and diplomatic career in the Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina in 1999 where she worked as an associate for public relations and was head of office of the Croatian Presidency member. She was the resident Ambassador of Bosnia in Herzegovina to France from 2004 to 2008 and during the same period she was the non-resident Ambassador to Algeria, Tunisia, Monaco and Andorra and the permanent representative of Bosnia and Herzegovina in UNESCO. Between 2008 and 2011 she was a resident Ambassador of Bosnia and Herzegovina to Spain and a non-resident Ambassador to Morocco. She served as a permanent representative in the World Tourism Organisation in the same period. Željana Zovko was a foreign affairs advisor for the President of the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina from 2012 to 2015. From May 2015 to October 2016 she was the Ambassador of Bosnia and Herzegovina to Italy. In the first and second Croatian elections for the European Parliament she was on the coalition list led by the Croatian Democratic Union. MEP since 2016.
My Positions in Parliament:
- Vice-Chair - Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo
- Vice-Chair - Foreign Affairs
- Vice-Coordinator - Foreign Affairs
- Member - Intergroup on Seas, Rivers, Islands and Coastal Areas (SEARICA)
- Member - Intergroup on Freedom of Religion or Belief and Religious Tolerance
- Member - Intergroup on European Cultural Heritage, Ways of Saint James and other European Cultural Routes
- Member - Hrvatska demokratska zajednica
- Member - European Parliament
- Substitute - Eurolat
- Substitute - United States
- Substitute - Security and Defence
- Substitute - Culture and Education
My Positions in the group:
- Vice-Chair - Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats)
- Vice-Chair - EPP Group Bureau
- Vice-Chair - EPP Group Presidency
Other related content
The EPP Group calls on its partner parties in Bosnia and Herzegovina and all involved...
The territorial integrity of Bosnia and Herzegovina must not be put into question, the EPP Group has affirmed. The European...
Tonight, the European Parliament will debate measures which will help the EU media and audiovisual sectors...