Party: Democratic Rally
Born in 1963 in Ammochostos. He studied economics and got a Master's Degree in Business Administration at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
He was a representative of the Democratic Rally (DISY) in the Famagusta constituency, Cyprus, from 1996-2014. He is the former Chairman of the House Standing Committee for Areas in Proximity to the Ceasefire Line and of the House Standing Committee on Trade and Industry. He is also a former member of the House Standing Committee on Refugees-Enclaved-Missing-Adversely Affected Persons. He was also a member of the delegation of the House to the Inter-parliamentary Assembly on Orthodoxy. He is currently the Vice-President of the Democratic Rally in Cyprus.
MEP since 2014.
My Positions in Parliament:
- Member - Intergroup on Urban Matters
- Member - Intergroup on Sky and Space
- Member - Intergroup on the Green New Deal
- Member - Intergroup on Freedom of Religion or Belief and Religious Tolerance
- Member - Intergroup on Fighting against Poverty
- Member - Intergroup on Disability
- Member - Intergroup on Sustainable, Long-Term Investments and Competitive European Industry
- Member - Intergroup on Climate Change, Biodiversity and Sustainable Development
- Member - Democratic Rally
- Member - Eurolat
- Member - Mexico
- Member - Budgetary Control
- Member - Budgets
- Member - Development
- Member - European Parliament
- Substitute - ACP
- Substitute - Belarus
- Substitute - Women’s Rights and Gender Equality
- Substitute - Economic and Monetary Affairs
My Positions in the group:
- Member - Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats)
- Member - EPP Group Heads of National Delegation
- Member - EPP Group Bureau
- Member - Conference on the Future of Europe
Other related content
“Turkey's plans to “open” the fenced-off area of Varosha under conditions of occupation must be st...
The EPP Group says Europe must respond if Turkey continues to violate...
The EU and its Member States must vigorously defend Cyprus and Greece against Turkish aggression, if needed, by...
Left Groups S&D and GUE block Resolution from European Parliament as tensions continue to increase On...