6-7 September: Sebastian Kurz, Boyko Borissov, Pablo Casado et al. debate with EPP group MEPs in Austria
The Bureau of the EPP Group meets on Thursday and Friday in Vienna, Austria, to discuss 'New Fairness for Europe'. "Digitalisation, globalisation and the dominance of some Internet giants call for more discussion in Europe about what 'fairness' means in the 21st century and how we want to shape a fair Europe for the future", says Manfred Weber MEP, Chairman of the EPP Group in the European Parliament.
"There will be no fairness in Europe without the rule of law and respect for fundamental rights in all EU Member States", says Othmar Karas MEP, Head of the Austrian Delegation of the EPP Group.
More than 100 MEPs from all EU countries will debate with:
- Sebastian KURZ, Federal Chancellor of Austria
- Boyko BORRISOV, Prime Minister of Bulgaria
- Pablo CASADO, new President of the Spanish Partido Popular
- Sabine HERLITSCHKA, CEO of Infineon Austria
- Mariya GABRIEL, European Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society
- Johannes HAHN, European Commissioner for Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations
- Carlo INVERNIZZI-ACCETTI, Assistant Professor of Political Theory at The City College of New York
- Ferdinando BOSCHI, Strategic Consultant for Innovation and Communication at the Istituto Piepoli
- Michael HIRSCHBRICH, digital expert
At the meeting, the EPP Group will also present a representative survey on how EU citizens imagine a fair Europe in the future.
- Place: Hotel Palais Hansen Kempinski, Schottenring 24, 1010 Vienna, Austria
- Time: Thursday 6 September, 09:00-15:30 hrs and Friday 7 September, 09:00-12:30 hrs.
The EPP Group is the largest political group in the European Parliament with 219 Members from 28 Member States