Journalists are invited to attend a high-level international summit examining the fight against disinformation in light of Russia's invasion of Ukraine. The event, organised this Monday by the EPP Group in the European Parliament, will discuss the creation of an EU ‘war room’ to counter disinformation, and ways to strengthen the voices of fact and free speech while also strengthening resilience and media literacy within Europe. Hosted by Eva Maydell MEP and opened by EPP Group Chairman Manfred Weber MEP, the summit aims at forming a series of policy recommendations for the EPP Group to take forward.
- Michael CHERTOFF - former US Homeland Security Secretary and co-Chair of the Transatlantic Commission on Election Integrity
- Lutz GÜLLNER - Head of Division, Strategic Communications, European External Action Service (EEAS)
- Alexander ALAPHILIPPE - Executive Director of the EU DisinfoLab
- Aura SALLA - Head of EU Affairs, Meta
- Kelu CHAO - CEO, US Agency for Global Media (USAGM)
- Jamie FLY - CEO, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty
- Liliane LANDOR - Director, BBC World Service (tbc)
- Emerson BROOKING - Senior Resident Fellow at the Digital Forensic Research Lab of the Atlantic Council
- Steven BRILL - CEO, Newsguard
The summit takes place on Monday 25 April from 17.00-19.15 CET in the European Parliament and will be streamed via the following link: bit.ly/3jPHf1N.
Note to editors
The EPP Group is the largest political group in the European Parliament with 177 Members from all EU Member States