Party: Partido Social Democrata
Born in 1968. Porto, Bragança, Vila Real. Graduate in Law, Catholic University of Porto (1991). Master in Legal and Political Sciences, University of Coimbra (1993-94). Currently preparing a Doctorate thesis on Constitutional Law. Research studies at the European Institute of Florence and at the Universities of Bologna, Genoa and Freiburg. Deputy State Secretary to the Minister for Justice (July 2004 -March 2005). Chairman of the PSD Parliamentary Group in the Portuguese Parliament. Member of the Directive Board of the Commercial Association of Porto. Published Books: Repensar o Poder Judicial, Porto (2001); Reserva de Jurisdição; Sentido Dogmático e Sentido Jurisprudencial, Porto (1997); Concertação, Programação e Direito do Ambiente, Coimbra (1994); Guerras Surdas - Crónicas da Tensão Política, Coimbra (2005); O estado do Estado, Lisboa (2009); Uma Democracia sustentável (2010). Vice-Chairman of the EPP Group. MEP since 2009.
My Positions in Parliament:
- Member - Intergroup on European Cultural Heritage, Ways of Saint James and other European Cultural Routes
- Member - Partido Social Democrata
- Member - Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo
- Member - Montenegro
- Member - Constitutional Affairs
- Member - Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs
- Member - European Parliament
- Substitute - India
- Substitute - Foreign interference in all democratic processes in the European Union, including disinformation (INGE 2)
- Substitute - Foreign Affairs
My Positions in the group:
- Vice-Chair - Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats)
- Vice-Chair - EPP Group Bureau
- Vice-Chair - EPP Group Presidency
- Treasurer - EPP Group Presidency
- Member - Conference on the Future of Europe
Other related content
“The pandemic, the Chinese threat and the Russian war against Ukraine mark tectonic shifts in t...
The EPP Group calls on its partner parties in Bosnia and Herzegovina and all involved...
A key milestone in...