Party: Christen Democratisch Appèl
Born in 1975. Friesland, Groningen, Drenthe en Overijssel. Bachelor European Affairs, The Hague School of European Studies (1993-1998). Political science, Université de Lyon (1995-1996). International Affairs, Université de Bruxelles (M.A.) (1999-2001). Project officer at FEANTSA (European Federation of National Organisations working with the Homeless) (1998). Assistant European Affairs two German sector organisations (fruit juice and spirit drinks) (1998-1999). Advisor Albert Jan Maat MEP (1999-2007). Member and subsequently president professional orientation committee HEBO Maastricht (since 2003). President CDA youth (CDJA) Working Group Agriculture (2000-2004). Member Working Group Foreign Affairs CDA women (CDAV) (2001-2007). Board member and subsequently secretary CDA Belgium-Luxembourg (2001-2007). MEP since 2007.
My Positions in Parliament:
- Member - Intergroup on LGBTI
- Member - Intergroup on European Cultural Heritage, Ways of Saint James and other European Cultural Routes
- Member - Intergroup on Artificial Intelligence and Digital
- Member - Christen Democratisch Appèl
- Member - China
- Member - COVID-19 pandemic: lessons learned and recommendations for the future
- Member - Environment, Public Health and Food Safety
- Member - European Parliament
- Substitute - Central Asia, Mongolia
- Substitute - Korean Peninsula
- Substitute - Economic and Monetary Affairs
My Positions in the group:
- Chair - WG Economy and Environment
- Vice-Chair - Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats)
- Vice-Chair - EPP Group Presidency
- Vice-Chair - EPP Group Bureau
- Member - EPP Group Heads of National Delegation
- Member - Conference on the Future of Europe
Other related content
"We are fully in favour of defining clearly what qualifies as sustainable investments in the...
"To reduce Europe's CO2 emissions, we also need gas. Not for ever and everywhere, but for a transitional period...
"The outcome of COP26 has shown that the world must fight climate change with more ambition. We can only...