Party: Christlich Demokratische Union Deutschlands
Born in 1963. Potsdam (Brandenburg). 1986-1991, studied journalism, politics, economics, and political administration, Ludwig-Maximilian University and the German school of journalism, Munich. 1992/1993, doctorate in political science. 1999-2004, member of the Brandenburg regional parliament. Former member of economic, European affairs, and development committees in the Brandenburg regional parliament. 2003-2007, Vice-Chairman, SME Union of the CDU/CSU Germany. 2000-2010, Vice-Chairman, SME Union of the CDU Brandenburg. 2000-2010, managing director, Biotech GmbH and Biotech II GmbH, Hennigsdorf. Since May 2003 Member of the Brandenburg CDU regional executive. Since November 2006 Vice-Chairman of the CDU/CSU Group in the European Parliament. MEP since 2004.
My Positions in Parliament:
- Chair - Future of Science and Technology
- Coordinator - Industry, Research and Energy
- Member - Christlich Demokratische Union Deutschlands
- Member - United States
- Member - Industry, Research and Energy
- Member - European Parliament
- Substitute - Union for the Mediterranean
- Substitute - Israel
- Substitute - United Kingdom
- Substitute - Culture and Education
My Positions in the group:
- Member - Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats)
- Member - EPP Group Bureau
Other related content
“Europe urgently needs a plan to develop long-term partnerships with non-EU countries to ensure sustainable, secure and affordable energy. A...
“Energy independence had already been urgent before Putin's invasion of Ukraine. Today, it has b...
Journalists are invited to attend the EPP Group Industry Days which will delve into the green and digital transition...
“What is at stake here, is securing gas supplies for this winter, for all Europeans - citizens, SMEs, energy-intensive industries. This is w...