Party: Hrvatska demokratska zajednica
Sunčana Glavak is a Croatian EPP Group Member of the European Parliament and a Member of the Croatian Democratic Union. She has a Master's in Journalism from the Faculty of Political Science in Zagreb. She is currently completing a Postgraduate Doctorate degree.
From 1995 to 2004, Sunčana Glavak started her professional career as a journalist and editor on the Croatian Radio Čakovec, Croatian Television and VTV Varaždin.
In 2004, Sunčana Glavak became Spokesperson for the Ministry of Culture where she organised and managed the Public Relations Department.
Between 2007 and 2009, she was Deputy Spokesperson for the Government of the Republic of Croatia. Furthermore, in 2007, she was elected as Member of the Croatian Parliament. In 2009, she took over the position of Spokesperson for the Croatian Democratic Union. During that time, she was Head of the Media Team and Campaign Spokesperson, member of the electoral staff during the Presidential elections in 2009 and a member of the electoral staff during the Parliamentary elections in 2011.
From 2009 to 2015, Sunčana Glavak served as Member of the Croatian Parliament after which she was the Spokesperson for the Government of the Republic of Croatia (2016 - 2018).
Between 2018 and 2019, she was a Member of the Croatian Parliament, during which she acted as a Chairperson of the Committee on Information, Computerisation and the Media, Deputy Chairperson of the Interparliamentary Co-operation Committee and Member of the Committee on Education, Science and Culture.
Sunčana Glavak was elected three times as Member of the Croatian Parliament. In 2019, she took over her duties as Member of the European Parliament.
In addition, Sunčana Glavak is currently a political advisor for the President of the Croatian Democratic Union and an assistant for the University North.
Finally, she was recognised for her journalistic work during the Homeland War and was honoured by the Homeland War Memorial.
MEP since 2019.
My Positions in Parliament:
- Member - Intergroup on Demographic Challenges, Family-Work Balance and Youth Transitions
- Member - Intergroup on Cancer
- Member - Hrvatska demokratska zajednica
- Member - Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo
- Member - Foreign Affairs
- Member - European Parliament
- Substitute - United States
- Substitute - Foreign interference in all democratic processes in the European Union, including disinformation (INGE 2)
- Substitute - Environment, Public Health and Food Safety
My Positions in the group:
- Member - Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats)
- Member - Conference on the Future of Europe
Other related content