Party: Partidul Naţional Liberal
Siegfried Mureşan was born in Hunedoara, Romania to a German mother and a Romanian father. In 2004, he graduated from the Academy of Economic Studies in Bucharest. He continued his studies with a Masters in Economics and Management Science at Humboldt University in Berlin. In 2006 he received a scholarship from the German Parliament and was part of the Bundestag’s International Internship Programme. Subsequently, he continued for three years as an Advisor to the Chairman of the Committee on European Affairs of the German Parliament, Gunther Krichbaum.
In 2009, he moved to Brussels where he initially worked in the European Parliament. In 2011, he joined the Headquarters of the European People's Party as Political Advisor for Economics and Social Policy. In January 2014, he was promoted to Senior Political Advisor. His responsibilities at the EPP included the coordination of EPP Ministerial Meetings ahead of ECOFIN, Competitiveness, Employment and General Affairs Councils.
MEP since 2014.
My Positions in Parliament:
- Chair - Moldova
- Member - Intergroup on Sky and Space
- Member - Partidul Naţional Liberal
- Member - Euronest
- Member - Economic and Monetary Affairs
- Member - Budgets
- Member - Conference of Delegation Chairs
- Member - European Parliament
- Substitute - United States
My Positions in the group:
- Chair - WG Budget and Structural Policies
- Vice-Chair - Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats)
- Vice-Chair - EPP Group Presidency
- Vice-Chair - EPP Group Bureau
- Member - Conference on the Future of Europe
Other related content
"The EU should grant EU candidate status to the Republic of Moldova based on its own merit”, said Siegfried M...
Hundreds of millions of Euros of unused EU regional funding should be urgently directed to help...
Manfred Weber MEP was re-elected this morning with an overwhelming majority as Chairman of the EPP Group in...
"We want the EU recovery money to reach those who have suffered during the pandemic. The Recovery...