Party: Christlich Demokratische Union Deutschlands
Born in 1965. Meschede (North Rhine-Westphalia). Doctor with doctorate in medicine from the Institute of Human Genetics at Bonn University. Worked in Central America (public hospital and development aid projects), ward doctor in children’s clinic, worked in a community practice. Local councillor in Bestwig, 1989-1994. Member of the regional executive and international commission of the Junge Union (JU), district Chairman of JU Sauer/Siegland. Member of CDU regional executive since 1997. Chairman of bioethics working party of EPP Group (since 1999). EPP-Coordinator in the Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety (since 2009). MEP since 1994.
My Positions in Parliament:
- Coordinator - Environment, Public Health and Food Safety
- Member - Christlich Demokratische Union Deutschlands
- Member - Eurolat
- Member - Central America
- Member - Environment, Public Health and Food Safety
- Member - European Parliament
- Substitute - Andean Community
- Substitute - COVID-19 pandemic: lessons learned and recommendations for the future
- Substitute - Budgets
My Positions in the group:
- Member - Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats)
- Member - EPP Group Bureau
Other related content
Remove obstacles for cross-border research. Invest in cancer prevention. Ensure equal access to cancer treatment for...
The EPP Group wants the European Union to become a true Health Union with more health powers. To...
The EPP Group fully supports the move towards Europe's climate neutrality by 2050, and wants to do it in a way that...