Party: Tėvynės sąjunga-Lietuvos krikščionys demokratai
Andrius Kubilius was born on 8 December 1956 in Vilnius (Lithuania). He graduated from the Vilnius State University, Faculty of Physics.
Between 1990 and 1992, he was the Secretary-in-Charge of the Lithuanian Pro-independence Reform Movement Sajūdis and Chairman of the Homeland Union – Lithuanian Christian Democrats from 2003 to 2015.
Mr Kubilius was a Member of the Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania between 1992 and 2019. He served as the First Deputy Speaker of the Seimas, Chairman of Committee on European Affairs, and Leader of Opposition. He was the Prime Minister of Lithuania for two mandates. (1999-2000 and 2008-2012).
In this term of the European Parliament (2019-2024), Andrius Kubilius is a Member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs, the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy. He is also the Chair of the Delegation to the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly. He is also a Member of the Conference of Delegation Chairs, the Delegation to the EU-Ukraine Parliamentary Association Committee. Andrius Kubilius is a Substitute Member of the Delegation to the EU-Russia Parliamentary Cooperation Committee and the Delegation for relations with Israel.
Andrius Kubilius is the Head of the EPP Group Lithuanian Delegation and the Chairman of various Interparliamentary Groups in the European Parliament such as the Lithuanian Caucus in the EP, the Baltic Caucus in the EP, the EU Neighbourhood East Forum, and Friends of the European Russia Forum.
He is the author of international Initiatives 'Marshall Plan for Ukraine' (later - 'European Plan for Ukraine'), 'Trio Strategy for the Future of Eastern Partnership', and the 'Western Strategy Towards Russia'.
MEP since 2019.
My Positions in Parliament:
- Chair - Euronest
- Member - Intergroup on European Cultural Heritage, Ways of Saint James and other European Cultural Routes
- Member - Intergroup on Sustainable, Long-Term Investments and Competitive European Industry
- Member - Intergroup on Artificial Intelligence and Digital
- Member - Tėvynės sąjunga-Lietuvos krikščionys demokratai
- Member - Ukraine
- Member - Industry, Research and Energy
- Member - Foreign Affairs
- Member - Conference of Delegation Chairs
- Member - European Parliament
- Substitute - Israel
- Substitute - Russia
My Positions in the group:
- Member - Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats)
- Member - EPP Group Heads of National Delegation
- Member - EPP Group Bureau
- Member - Conference on the Future of Europe
Other related content
The EPP Group has called on the EU to not recognise the elections in Russia. “What went on in R...
“We need an overhaul of Europe's policy vis-à-vis Russia. We must deter Russian threats, co...
Statement by Manfred Weber MEP, Sandra Kalniete MEP and Andrius Kubilius MEP ahead of the first anniversary of the...