The EPP Group in the European Parliament will hold a special meeting on Thursday afternoon with the Romanian Prime Minister Ludovic Orban and members of his government. Europe's economic recovery from the pandemic, the ongoing negotiations on the EU's seven-year budget and Recovery Fund, and Romania's upcoming general election will be among the topics the centre-right MEPs from all EU Member States will discuss with the Romanian leaders. The European Commissioner for Budget, Johannes Hahn, and for Transport, Adina Vălean will also be participating.
Journalists are invited to connect by video to the meeting at 14.00 hrs (Brussels time) after registration.
- Manfred WEBER, Chairman of the EPP Group in the European Parliament
- Ludovic ORBAN, Prime Minister of Romania and President of the PNL
- Johannes HAHN, European Commissioner for Budget and Administration
- Siegfried MUREŞAN, Vice-Chairman of the EPP Group in the EP responsible for the Working Group Budget and Structural Policies
- Adina VĂLEAN, European Commissioner for Transport
- Marcel-Ioan BOLOŞ, Romanian Minister of European Funds
- Virgil-Daniel POPESCU, Romanian Minister of Economy, Energy and the Business Environment
- Lucian Nicolae BODE, Romanian Minister for Transport, Infrastructure and Communications
- EPP Group Members of the European Parliament
Please send an e-mail to register to email@example.com before Thursday 10 September, 12.00 noon. Registered journalists will receive the video link to join the meeting from 14.00 hrs onwards.
Note to editors
The EPP Group is the largest political group in the European Parliament with 187 Members from all EU Member States