Party: Partija "VIENOTĪBA"
Born in 1952. Riga. Professor of economics (2003), Doctor of economics (1992), University of Latvia. President, Latvian Economic Development Forum (since 1998). University of Latvia: professor. Member, Editorial Board ”Parliament Magazine” (since 2005). Chairman; Helcom (2002-2004). Member; Latvian Parliament, Chairman; Foreign Affairs Committee (2002-2004). Member, Vice-chairman; Riga City Council (2001-2002). Adviser to the President of Latvia (1999-2000). Minister of the Environment of Latvia (1998-1999). Chairman; Regional Development Council (1997-1999). Member; Latvia-Russia Intergovernmental Commission (1998-1999). Adviser to the Prime Minister of Latvia (1997-1998). Parliamentary Secretary, Ministry of Economy (1996-1997). Orden of the President of Ukraine "For Merits" (2008). MEP since 2004.
My Positions in Parliament:
- Vice-Chair - ACP
- Member - Intergroup on Traditional Minorities, National Communities and Languages
- Member - Intergroup on Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs)
- Member - Intergroup on the Green New Deal
- Member - Intergroup on European Cultural Heritage, Ways of Saint James and other European Cultural Routes
- Member - Intergroup on Artificial Intelligence and Digital
- Member - Intergroup on Anti-Corruption
- Member - Partija "VIENOTĪBA"
- Member - Economic and Monetary Affairs
- Member - European Parliament
- Substitute - Southeast Asia, ASEAN
- Substitute - Cariforum
- Substitute - Environment, Public Health and Food Safety
My Positions in the group:
- Member - Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats)
Other related content
The European Parliament has given the green light to reforms which will cut red tape for small enterprises when...
For the next long-term EU budget 2021-2027, MEPs want €6.5 billion allocated through the...
MEPs are calling for a crackdown on producers of everything from food to cosmetics to baby products...