We recruit and develop committed, ambitious people from around the European Union and beyond and offer them the possibility of further personal development via professional training. We have colleagues from all Member States of the EU, candidate countries and third countries.
Our dedicated and highly competent staff supports the work of MEPs and closely follows the Parliamentary agenda. We employ policy advisors with expert knowledge of the intricate functioning of the European Union. We employ communicators who make sure that the Group's message gets across both traditional and online channels. Our colleagues in the IT Service provide us with the modern tools to seamlessly do our work. Our Human Resources team offers administrative support to our staff.
In the EPP Group we welcome diversity among our staff. We work in an international environment and nearly always in more than one language. We try to foster a climate of ownership and collaboration among colleagues.
If this sounds like you, keep reading for more information on careers and current vacancies.
Contract AgentThe Group has a number of contract agents. The maximum duration of their contract is 6 years. As a general rule, these colleagues are recruited from a reserve list established after detailed interviews in front of a Selection Committee.
Temporary Agent The majority of our staff are temporary agents with contracts for an indeterminate period. They are recruited through a selection procedure that includes written and oral tests. The Group publishes vacancies for these posts on its own website, in the Sommaire of the European Parliament (Avis de Vacances d'emplois internes) and on occasion in national newspapers.
Civil Servant The Group Secretariat has among its staff a number of civil servants of the European Institutions, primarily of the European Parliament, who are detached to our Group. Civil servants are permanent officials of the European Institutions who have passed a competition run by the European Personnel Selection Office (EPSO).Visit the EPSO website
We are looking for a trainee photographer!
Interested? Apply by 30 June 2017 (EN)
The EPP Group offers 5-month traineeships for EU citizens and candidates from associated and candidate countries. A limited number of nationals from other countries can be granted a traineeship by way of derogation. Trainees receive a monthly allowance of 1300 EUR to cover their living costs in Brussels. During their traineeship, trainees can attend one plenary session of the European Parliament in Strasbourg. These mission costs (travel and accommodation) are covered by the EPP Group separately.
The EPP Group covers insurance against the risks of accidents. However, trainees have to provide, prior to the beginning of their traineeship, a document attesting that they are insured against the risk of illness.
Each trainee is supervised by an administrator from the EPP Group Secretariat.
The applicants for paid traineeships must:
- be a national of a Member State of the European Union or of an associated or candidate country;
- have a university degree or have completed three years of study (at least six semesters) at a university or an equivalent institute of higher education OR provide an attestation from the university stating that a traineeship is required in the framework of their studies;
- have a very good knowledge of two official EU languages, of which one should be one of the EU working languages i.e. English, French or German (at least at B2 level);
- applicants from non-EU countries should have a very good knowledge of at least one of the EU working languages;
- not have been granted a paid traineeship in the EU Institutions or not have already been in gainful employment after the completion of their studies.
The EPP Group is an equal-opportunities employer and encourages applications from young people with disabilities who fulfil the above requirements.
There are 2 traineeship periods:
Applicants must send:
- the application form, duly completed and signed
- proof of nationality (copy of a valid passport or identity card);
- a copy of the university studies diploma(s) OR a certificate proving that the applicant completed at least six semesters at a university OR an attestation from the university stating that a traineeship is compulsory within the framework of their studies;
- proof of linguistic knowledge;
- a letter of recommendation from a local, regional, national or European political figure who is a member of the EPP family;
- a letter of recommendation from a university professor.
The application form, scanned in PDF format as one file, together with the required supporting documents scanned in PDF format as a second single file, must be sent by e-mail to Epp-Stages@europarl.europa.eu by the indicated deadline.
Please put your name and the traineeship period in the subject of the e-mail.
For further details about the EPP Group’s traineeships, you can consult the Rules.