Party: Kansallinen Kokoomus
Born in 1959. Hämeenlinna. Master of Science in Economics and Business Administration, Helsinki School of Economics (1986). Instructor and lecturer of negotiation theories in Helsinki School of Economics and the University of Joensuu. Hämeenlinna town council (1981-1992). Member of the Executive, Regional Council of Häme (1991-1992). Member of the Finnish Parliament 1983-2003. Elector for the Finnish President 1988. Minister of Environment 1991-1995. Vice-Chairman of Kokoomus 1989-1995. Chairman, programme committee, Kokoomus (1989-1995). Chairman, Working Party on an Ecologically and Socially Sound Market Economy, EDU (1989-1992). Chairman, Finnish UN Association (1996-2007). Chairman, World Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA) (2000-2005). Member of the board, IDEA International Institute for Democracy (2006-). Member of the board, Kone Oy (27.2.2006-). MEP since 2008.
My Positions in Parliament:
- Vice-Chair - Intergroup on Welfare and Conservation of Animals
- Member - Intergroup on Urban Matters
- Member - Intergroup on Trade Unions
- Member - Intergroup on the Social Economy
- Member - Intergroup on Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs)
- Member - Intergroup on LGBTI
- Member - Intergroup on the Green New Deal
- Member - Intergroup on Fighting against Poverty
- Member - Intergroup on European Cultural Heritage, Ways of Saint James and other European Cultural Routes
- Member - Intergroup on Sustainable, Long-Term Investments and Competitive European Industry
- Member - Intergroup on Anti-Racism and Diversity
- Member - Intergroup on Anti-Corruption
- Member - Kansallinen Kokoomus
- Member - Union for the Mediterranean
- Member - Palestine
- Member - Women’s Rights and Gender Equality
- Member - Economic and Monetary Affairs
- Member - European Parliament
- Substitute - Pan-African Parliament
- Substitute - Tax Matters
- Substitute - Environment, Public Health and Food Safety
My Positions in the group:
- Member - Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats)
- Member - Conference on the Future of Europe
- Member - EPP Group Bureau
- Member - EPP Group Heads of National Delegation
Other related content
"Today's agreement to open the tax books of companies to the public is long overdue and an important...
“If we want European companies to survive the crisis, access to private finance is absolutely c...
The Polish Government seems intent on abolishing the rule of law and any semblance of a true justice system with highly politicised pseudo...